Dry sump version - P/N: 19332702
Wet sump version - P/N: 19332621
The engine also is the heart of the C7 Z06 Corvette and Gen 6 ZL1 Camaro. The combination of high power and light weight has made the LT4 a great choice for custom builds, too. The direct injection and variable valve timing are a further selling point for many enthusiasts, while the Connect and Cruise powertrain option perfectly matches the production-based 8L90-E eight-speed automatic transmission to the LT4 engine, which is available in both wet and dry sump versions.
Tim Palozollo of GAP Racing in Houston is a builder who installed the LT4 in a convertible Camaro. We caught up with him to talk about his customer Tom Snell’s 1967 Camaro at the SEMA Show last fall. He told us the LT4 was an ideal choice for the car dubbed “Carma.”
“We felt that with so much power in such a small and light package it would be perfect for this project,” he said.
Stoner’s Speed Shop in Hudson, Iowa, also included the LT4 in one of its most popular recent builds, a slammed 1958 Chevrolet Cameo cleverly named “Slameo .” Shop owner Blake Stoner explained he chose the LT4 both for its performance and reliability as the truck embarked on HOT ROD Power Tour, a 1,500-long traveling car show in the heat of June.
The LT4 is clearly versatile enough for both classics and late-model options, as young entrepreneur Mohammed Hawari of San Jose has one under the hood of his 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE.
It sounds like the team at Chevrolet Performance has hit on an engine for all occasions. That’s music to our ears.
Bill Martens, Chevrolet’s Special Programs Manager provides a great look at the LT4 here:
Be sure to also follow all of the latest Chevrolet Performance news on Instagram @theblockdotcom.
LT4 Tech Specs via Chevrolet Performance
● 19332702 (Dry oil sump)
● 19368622 (Wet oil sump)
● Engine Type: Direct Injection spark-ignition Gen-V Small-Block V-8
● Displacement (cu. in.): 376 (6.2L)
● Bore x Stroke (in.): 4.065 x 3.622 (103.25 x 92 mm)
● Block: Cast aluminum with 6-bolt nodular iron main bearing caps
● Crankshaft: Forged steel
● Connecting Rods: Forged powdered-metal steel
● Pistons: Forged aluminum
● Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller
● Valve Lift (in.): .492 intake / .551 exhaust
● Camshaft Duration (@0.050 in.): 189° intake / 223° exhaust
● Cylinder Heads: A356-T6 rotocast aluminum; as cast with 65.5cc chambers
● Valve Size (in): 2.130 intake / 1.590 exhaust
● Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
● Required Fuel: Premium pump
● Maximum Recommended rpm: 6600